Hunter education safety requirements
An applicant for a hunting or combination license with the Agency Of Natural Resources, Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department must present either:
- A previous or current hunting license, combination license, or current hunter safety certification card, from any state or Canadian province.
- A person under age 16 must have his or her parent or guardian sign in the presence of an issuing agent to obtain a hunting license.
Become a safe hunter
The purpose of hunter education is to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to become safe, responsible hunters.
The online course
Typically, students meet these needs by attending a traditional, instructor led course including classroom lectures and field/range experiences. In today's society, students have less free time to devote to attending a hunter education course. Online hunter education courses help address this, by allowing students to take hunter safety courses on their own time, at their own pace and in the comfort of their home or office.
You may ask
FAQ - Vermont Hunting Safety Course and Hunting License
- Is the Beasafehunter hunter course approved by the state of Vermont?
No. We are not approved yet.
- Is there a minimum age to take this online education course?
It depends on the State in which you want to take the course.
- Is my Hunting Education Certificate good in other states?
Every U.S. state that demands a Hunter Education Certificate will accept Hunter Education Certificates from other states that conform to IHEA requirements as well.
You should follow your safety course in the State where you are resident.
- Does the Hunter Card expire?
No. It is good for life.
- Who is required to take the Hunters Education course in Vermont?
An applicant for a hunting license must present either a previous or current hunting license from any state or Canadian province, or a certificate or letter of proof showing satisfactory completion of an approved hunter or firearms safety course from Vermont or any other state or province, or other satisfactory proof of prior license or hunter/firearms safety certification.
- What types of Vermont Hunting Licenses are available?
View the full list of Vermont Hunting Licenses available through the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department.