Hunter safety requirements
in West Virginia
Anyone born on or after January 1, 1975 must have passed a West Viginia Hunter Education Course before purchasing a hunting license.
There is no age limit to take this online course.
You do not have to be a resident in the state of West Virginia to qualify for the online course.
After completing the online course, and printing the certification voucher, you MUST attend the hands-on / written portion if you wish to complete the hunter safety certification process.
Hunter Safety Course
3 easy steps
Study at your own pace
- Pay only when you pass
- Complete an easy-to-read study guide
- Only $ 28.95 (online course, the quizzes, and online certificate included)
Take the final test
- Pass the final test
- Free retries - Risk free!
Print the Certificate
- Print your hunter safety certificate
- Attend a field day
- Go hunting!
Online Study Guide
- Wildlife conservation
- Wildlife identification
- Conservation laws
Survival and First Aid
- Importance of planning and preparation
- Emergency situations
- About firearms and ammunition
- Shooting skills
- Fire maintenance
Bow Hunting and Muzzleloading
- Bows and arrows
- Muzzleloading firearms
- DOs and DON'Ts
- Responsible hunting
- Treestand safety
- Fall arrest system
- Types of stands
- All terrain vehicles
- Boating responsibility while hunting
- Safety and trip planning
- Turkey hunting
- Code of conduct
You may ask
FAQ - West Virginia Hunting Safety Course and Hunting License
- Must I take this course to get a hunting license?
Anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1975, need West Virginia Hunting Education Course prior purchasing a lifetime hunting license.
- Is the Beasafehunter hunter course approved by the state of West Virginia?
Yes. The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources approved and accepted the Beasafehunter Course.
- What is the cost of the Beasafehunter online hunting safety course?
The cost of the West Virginia Beasafehunter course is $ 28.95.
- Is there a minimum age to take this online education course?
There is no minimum age requirement to take this online hunter education course.
- Must I complete the course in one sitting?
You can complete the course in one sitting, or spread it out over several days. You go at your own pace.
- Why choose Beasafehunter.org?
- There are hundreds of illustrations and videos to help you better understand the content.
- You can access our online hunter safety course 24/7
- Our online support is available by phone, email or chat.
- We offer multi-platform training.
- OUR PLEDGE! “Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back”!
- How can I get a replacement for my West Virginia Hunter Ed Certification Card?
You can replace your card online through the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources at http://www.wvhuntered.com/lost-your-card.html
- Must I reside in West Virginia to take the Beasafehunter Course?
You do not have to be a resident of West Virginia to take this online course.
- What passing score must I get in the quizzes and final test in order to be certified?
The passing mark for the unit quizzes is 80%. If you don’t pass the quiz, you must re-study that particular section and then re-take the quiz.
The final exam passing mark is 70% and you have two attempts to succeed.
- Is my Hunter Education Certificate good in other states?
Every U.S. state that demands a Hunter Education Certificate accepts the West Virginia Hunter Education Certificate. As well, West Virginia will accept Hunter Education Certificates from other states that conform to IHEA requirements.
You should follow your course in the State where you are resident.
- Is there a time limit to complete an approved Hunter Safety Course?
You must spend a minimum of seven (7) hours studying the hunter safety course, but you can take more time if you wish. You will then have as long as you need to complete the final exam.
- Is it possible to see the content of the course before starting my training?
- Does the West Virginia Card expire?
No. It is good for life.
- How do I contact customer support?
You can send an email to email@example.com call us at 1 833-548-6837 (HUNT).