Hunter education safety requirements
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission requires anyone born after 1968 to complete a State approved hunter education course and carry a valid hunter education card to hunt in Arkansas. Children under 16 may hunt without hunter education as long as they are under the direct supervision of an adult who is 21 years old.
Become a safe hunter
The purpose of hunter education is to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to become safe, responsible hunters.
The online course
Typically, students meet these needs by attending a traditional, instructor led course including classroom lectures and field/range experiences. In today's society, students have less free time to devote to attending a hunter education course. Online hunter education courses help address this, by allowing students to take hunter safety courses on their own time, at their own pace and in the comfort of their home or office.
You may ask
FAQ - Arkansas Hunting Safety Course and Hunting License
- Is the Beasafehunter hunter course approved by the state of Arkansas?
No. We are not approved yet.
- Is there a minimum age to take this online education course?
There is no specific age requirement to enroll in the hunter education course. However, the educational material is based on a sixth-grade reading level.
- Is my Hunter Education Certificate good in other states?
Every U.S. state that demands a Hunter Education Certificate will accept Hunter Education Certificates from other states that conform to IHEA requirements as well.
You should follow your safety course in the State where you are resident.
- Does the Hunter Card expire?
No. It is good for life.
- Who is required to take the Hunter Education course in Arkansas?
It is unlawful for anyone born after 1968 to hunt wildlife without having successfully completed a State approved Hunter Education Course
EXCEPTIONS: (1) Youths Hunting under direct supervision of an adult at least 21 years of age.
(2) Persons possessing a valid hunting license/permit displaying the dealer imprinted code DHE (Code 01.00C, Deferred Hunter Education).
- What types of Arkansas Hunting Licenses are available?
View the full list of Arkansas Hunting Licenses available through the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.