Georgia Hunter Safety Course
Residents born on or after Jan.1, 1961, must successfully complete a hunter education course before purchasing a hunting license.
There is no age limit to take this online course.
You must be a resident of Georgia to take the online course.
*** You'll need your GA DNR Customer ID Number to complete the course. Visit www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com to locate your existing Customer ID Number or create a new one. Call 1-800-366-2661 (8AM–6PM Monday–Friday, 9AM–5PM Saturday–Sunday) or visit a local license agent for more information. ***
Hunter Safety Course
3 easy steps
Study at your own pace
- Pay only when you pass
- Complete an easy-to-read study guide
- Only $ 28.50 (online course, the quizzes, and online certificate included)
Take the final test
- Pass the final test
- Free retries - Risk free!
Print the Certificate
- Ace your hunter course
- Get your GA DNR Customer ID Number.
- Go hunting!
Online Study Guide
- Wildlife conservation
- Wildlife identification
- Conservation laws
Survival and First Aid
- Importance of planning and preparation
- Emergency situations
- About firearms and ammunition
- Shooting skills
- Fire maintenance
Bow Hunting and Muzzleloading
- Bows and arrows
- Muzzleloading firearms
- DOs and DON'Ts
- Responsible hunting
- Treestand safety
- Fall arrest system
- Types of stands
- All terrain vehicles
- Boating responsibility while hunting
- Safety and trip planning
- Turkey hunting
- Code of conduct
You may ask
FAQ - Georgia Hunting Safety Course and Hunting License
- Must I take this course to get a hunting license?
If you are 16 years old and up, and born on or after Jan. 1, 1961, you must successfully complete a hunter education course before purchasing a lifetime hunting license.
- Is the Beasafehunter hunter course approved by the state of Georgia?
Yes. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources has approved and accepted the Beasafehunter Course.
- What is the cost of the Beasafehunter online hunting safety course?
The cost of the Georgia Beasafehunter course is $ 28.50.
- Is there a minimum age to take this online education course?
There is no minimum age requirement to take this online hunter education course.
- Must I complete the course in one sitting?
You can complete the course in one sitting, or spread it out over several days. You go at your own pace.
- Why choose Beasafehunter.org?
- There are hundreds of illustrations and videos to help you better understand the content.
- You can access our online hunter safety course 24/7
- Our online support is available by phone, email or chat.
- We offer multi-platform training.
- OUR PLEDGE! “Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back”!
- Where can I find my Customer ID Number?
BeASafeHunter does not issue Customer ID Number, the State does.
Visit www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com to locate your existing Customer ID Number or create a new one. Call 1-800-366-2661 (8AM–6PM Monday–Friday, 9AM–5PM Saturday–Sunday) or visit a local license agent for more information.
- How can I get a replacement for my Georgia Hunter Education Card?
You can replace your card online through the Georgia Department of Natural Resources at https://license.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com/Licensing/CustomerLookup.aspx
- Must I reside in Georgia to take the Beasafehunter Course?
Yes, you must be a resident of that state to take the online course for Georgia.
- What passing score must I get in the quizzes and final test in order to be certified?
The passing mark for the unit quizzes is 80%. If you don’t pass the quiz, you must re-study that particular section and then re-take the quiz.
The final exam passing mark is 76% and you have two attempts to succeed.
- Is my Hunter Education Certificate good in other states?
Every U.S. state that demands a Hunter Education Certificate accepts the Georgia Hunter Education Certificate. Georgia will accept Hunter Education Certificates from other states that conform to IHEA requirements as well.
You should follow your safety course in the State where you are resident.
- Is there a time limit to complete an approved Hunter Safety Course?
You must spend a minimum of seven (7) hours studying the hunter safety course, but you can take more time if you wish. You will then have as long as you need to complete the final exam.
- Is it possible to see the content of the course before starting my training?
- Does the Georgia Hunter Card expire?
No. It is good for life.
- How do I contact customer support?
You can send an email to email@example.com call us at 1 833-548-6837 (HUNT).