Hunter education safety requirements
The Nevada Department of Wildlife requires Anyone born after Jan. 1, 1960 to show proof of hunter education to purchase a hunting license. Proof of hunter education includes a hunter education certificate or past hunting license with a hunter education number or identifying mark from either the U.S. or Canada.
Become a safe hunter
The purpose of hunter education is to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to become safe, responsible hunters.
The online course
Typically, students meet these needs by attending a traditional, instructor led course including classroom lectures and field/range experiences. In today's society, students have less free time to devote to attending a hunter education course. Online hunter education courses help address this, by allowing students to take hunter safety courses on their own time, at their own pace and in the comfort of their home or office.
You may ask
FAQ - Nevada Hunting Safety Course and Hunting License
- Is the Beasafehunter hunter course approved by the state of Nevada?
No. We are not approved yet.
- Is there a minimum age to take this online education course?
There is no minimum age, however, at the age of 12, youth are required by law to possess a hunting license
- Is my Hunter Education Certificate good in other states?
Every U.S. state that demands a Hunter Education Certificate will accept Hunter Education Certificates from other states that conform to IHEA requirements as well.
You should follow your safety course in the State where you are resident.
- Does the Hunter Card expire?
No. It is good for life.
- Who is required to take the Hunter Education course in Nevada?
Anyone born after Jan. 1, 1960, must show proof of Hunter Education each time they purchase a hunting license. Proof of Hunter Education is: An official original or duplicate Hunter Education certificate, or a past year's hunting license with a Hunter Education number or unique mark verifying Hunter Education.
- What types of Nevada Hunting Licenses are available?
- View the full list of Nevada Hunting Licenses available through the Nevada Department of Wildlife.